Testing Your Home for Radon

Invisible Gas is Second Leading Cause of Lung Cancer

Watch this KJCT8 news segment.

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — We have a warning for you about a lung cancer-causing gas that could be lurking inside your home.

It’s called Radon. The byproduct of decomposing Uranium deep below the earth’s surface seeps up through the ground and can become trapped inside your home, especially during the winter.

It’s the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States right behind smoking.

Experts say you should use a test kit to figure out your home’s levels. And if they’re high, they’re advising that you pay the money to get rid of the Radon.

read more